Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rafael Castillo- Week #31

And thus begins the end of my stay in Castillo....


Hey Everybody!!!

Well, this is almost officially my last week in Castillo, because nothing is official until next week's meeting, but Pres. already told me and Elder Fox that he is pretty sure we are out of here. I'm not expecting much, usually at this stage of the game, Elders go to their new areas as junior comp still, and continue learning in a new area. Roxana and Daniel haven't come back. They extended their vacation...which means no baptism while I am here, but that is fine with me because once again the Lord has shown me the best thing that ever happened to me in the mission, o sea, Ciris! He totally blessed the Sacrament for the first time on Sunday; he was nervous and gave me a thumbs up right before the Sacrament hymn. Then, he did the blessing perfectly, but didn't say "amen" at the end...haha so he stood up and the Bishop had to tell him to do it over again. Let's just say that made him a little more nervous...and THREE tries later he finally got it right. hahahahaha it was sooooooo funny. I made fun of him after, and we just laughed together, then I told him that I thought it was bad that I had to do it twice my first time, but now I am grateful that I didn't have to do it four, he just told me to shut up ahaha. What probably made him nervous was that HIS ENTIRE FAMILY WAS THERE IN SACRAMENT MEETING!!! We finally got them all to go for the first time, and by that I mean Ciris did it all! Let’s just say that I realized how much responsibility I have because things weren't going so well in his family and I taught him one night all about being an example, and the Savior's analogy of the city on the hill, and letting your good works shine forth, and he totally applied it. He listened to what I taught him. HE DOES WHAT I SAY! He said that he started to talk more with his family about the church and they took notice, and they are all going to church now! I don't know, it doesn't sound as good writing it, but I was so proud of him, and how he is converted to apply the teachings of Christ in his life. It was so simple what he did...he applied something in his life...but for some reason it is harder for other people.

So I was pretty pleased with Ciris. A great quote from General Conference describes these small things we can do to help the work of the Lord. "The Lord isn't asking us to load up a handcart; He's asking us to fortify our faith. He isn't asking us to walk across a continent; He's asking us to walk across the street to visit our neighbor. He isn't asking us to give all of our worldly possessions to build a temple; He's asking us to give of our means and our time, despite the pressures of modern living to continue to build temples and to attend regularly the temples already built. HE ISN'T ASKING US TO DIE A MARTYR'S DEATH; HE'S ASKING US TO LIVE A DISCIPLE'S LIFE." -Elder M. Russell Ballard Really puts things in perspective.

So in other news, I have to ask forgiveness of Michael Caine, because I compared Rolando to him, and we found out this week, through a series of amusing visits, that Rolando....is gay. HAHAHAHAHHA His "brother" that lives with him isn't his biological brother we found out. Which makes me wonder why he told us stories of the affair with the woman in Greece...anyway, I realized that he reminded me of Michael Caine's performance in Miss Congeniality...so if you want to meet Rolando watch that movie...I haven't gotten the package yet, so at transfers I will get it. I didn't realize how much I might miss Castillo, when all the members heard I will be leaving, they all started fighting over who gets to give us lunch this last week. It is a strange feeling, this has been my ward for about 6 months...you get attached...but the work rolls on. Also, some young women in my ward found that video of my comp and me singing on YouTube...why is it on YouTube...oh well they liked it...no South America doesn't use pass a long cards, and most people have DVD so we show church movies sometimes. Your testimonies were great, but I haven't heard from Roxana y Daniel so I don't know if they were a hit or not. glad to hear Dad finally got Cafe Rio! and go Andy Roddick, people here like Obama too, but more important than that, I love you, and the church is true!

Love Sean

No comments: